[virt-tools-list] Proposing some changes on https://virt-manager.org

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 20:50:18 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jan 27, 2017 at 07:04:30AM -0500, Sumantro Mukherjee wrote:
>Hey All,
>
>I was looking for the repo and since I could not find one. I reached IRC for help and thereafter writing here.
>
>1. The Download section has # yum install virt-manager (Fedora) which now should be # sudo dnf install virt-manager.

The '#' tells you to run the command as root, so either that, or sudo.

>2. The communicate section IRC points to http://irc.oftc.net/ which goes to 404 , the correct link is https://webchat.oftc.net/?channels=#virt

I wouldn't point people to webchats unless necessary, but rather said
just oftc.net.  If direct link is desired, ircs://irc.oftc.net:6697
should do.

But it's not like I have any control over the web page.  Just my $.02;

But thanks for the idea of updating the page.

Have a nice day,
Martin