[virt-tools-list] virt-what returns two results for Ubuntu 16.04 on VirtualBox 5.1.22 r115126

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jul 18 13:09:49 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 08:13:42AM +0000, Wojciech Sciesinski wrote:
> Hi
>
> I tried us virt-what v. 1.14 on Ubuntu 16.04 installed in VirtualBox virtual machine.
>
> The command returns two results:
> virtualbox
> kvm

This might not be a bug, if virtualbox is exporting the KVMKVMKVM
CPUID leaf (meaning that the hypervisor is either using KVM or has
KVM-like properties).

On the other hand you could try patching virt-what in the obvious way:

 if echo "$dmi" | grep -q 'Manufacturer: innotek GmbH'; then
     echo virtualbox
+    skip_qemu_kvm=true
 fi

Rich.