[virt-tools-list] [virt-viewer v2] vnc: do not show error on cancel/close of auth dialog

Eduardo Lima (Etrunko) etrunko at redhat.com
Tue Jun 6 15:03:59 UTC 2017

On 06/06/17 09:12, Victor Toso wrote:
> From: Victor Toso <me at victortoso.com>
>
> Mainly a kiosk mode, similar to the spice fix in 6480e52f62b.
>
> This patch saves the cancel/close state of auth dialog from
> virt_viewer_auth_collect_credentials() in order to avoid an error
> dialog to pop up to user in kiosk mode.
>
> This happens due the fact that we call virt_viewer_app_disconnected()
> twice:
> - One with "session-cancelled" which is correct and well handled;
> - The other with "session-disconnected" which is misleading as there
>   was no connection at this time. This will trigger the error dialog
>   with "Unable to connect to the graphic server %s".

One of the reasons I wanted to keep it as it was in first place is that
if we want to handle specific use cases differently, the code gets more
and more complex over time.

I did really not see anything wrong in showing the message dialog if
authentication is canceled, but now that we have this feature in, we
should make the behavior consistent for both SPICE and VNC.

Acked-by: Eduardo Lima (Etrunko) <etrunko at redhat.com>

--
Eduardo de Barros Lima (Etrunko)
Software Engineer - RedHat