[virt-tools-list] How to load QEMU Firmware Configuration Device in virt-manager?

Pavel Hrdina phrdina at redhat.com
Tue Jun 20 09:44:29 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:20:01AM +0100, Narunas Krasauskas wrote:
> Is there a way to load *fw_cfg* file in *virt-manager* (v1.4.1)?
>
> On the plain *QEMU* command line I can do it like so:
>
> -fw_cfg name=opt/com.coreos/config,file=some/file.json
>
> I cannot find equivalent option in the *virt-manager*.
>
> Thanks, Narunas

Hi, no there is no way to use *fw_cfg* in virt-manager.  Virt-manager
controls libvirt an this is not even implemented in libvirt.

To allow setting it via virt-manager/virt-xml/virt-install it needs
to be implemented in libvirt as well.

Feel free to create a Bug to track this feature, both libvirt and
virt-manager uses this site to track bugs [1].  As a product you should
select "Virtualization Tools" and component is libvirt or virt-manager.

Pavel