[virt-tools-list] virt-what patch to support Logical Domains (LDoms) on Linux SPARC

Darren Kenny darren.kenny at oracle.com
Mon May 15 12:36:43 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a patch to add support for Logical Domains (LDoms) virtualization
on SPARC chipsets running Oracle Linux for SPARC.

At the moment Oracle Linux for SPARC is the only variant that support
LDoms, but it is hoped will change in the future.

The virt-what tool seems to be a very useful way to identify the running
virtualization technology, and for anyone that requires it, we would
like to be able to also identify most of the various LDoms domain types
that can be done in a script.

Attached is the patch that provides this support, outputting one or more
of the strings:

     ldoms
     ldoms-control
     ldoms-root
     ldoms-io

I would like to get this applied upstream to the virt-what sources if
that is at all possible.

Thanks,

Darren.

PS - Please respond off-list to me, since I'm not currently subscribed.