[virt-tools-list] Problem with firewalls on Arch Linux

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Thu May 25 13:42:42 UTC 2017

On 05/25/2017 06:08 AM, Derek Richline wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> I noticed that Virt Manager will not start the network "default" unless
> it detects a running firewalld. Arch Linux only ships with iptables by
> default. Can Virt-Manager be patched to not check as aggressively for a
> firewall (or just issue a warning)?

virt-manager doesn't have any specific firewalld checking so this is likely
coming from libvirt. I don't know anything about arch packaging, but if the
libvirt package doesn't pull in firewalld then maybe libvirt should be built
--without-firewalld

What libvirt version is this? And what's the exact error message you are seeing?