[virt-tools-list] problems with virt-viewer 2.0-14

cmc iucounu at gmail.com
Fri May 26 11:35:19 UTC 2017

Hi,

(I'm posting this to the correct list this time)

Having trouble launching consoles for VMs in oVirt 4.1 on RHEL 6.8 (virt-viewer
2.0-14). I get:

"At least Remote Viewer version 99.0-1 is required to setup this connection"

It works fine in RHEL 6.7 (using firefox or chrome). I downgraded the
version of virt-viewer to the 6.7 version (2.0-7) in 6.8 but then I
get a proxy error (no proxy is set in the browser).

Can someone tell me whether it is possible to get virt-viewer to
launch a console for a VM with oVirt 4.1 and RHEL 6.8? This redhat
article (https://access.redhat.com/articles/2800531) says you need to
upgrade to RHEL 7.x, but that is not an option for us unfortunately.
I've also read that it
was possible with a workaround with oVirt 4.0 but not 4.1.

Thanks for any help.

Cam