[virt-tools-list] Status of virt-viewer headerbar conversion ?

Eduardo Lima (Etrunko) etrunko at redhat.com
Fri Nov 17 15:44:13 UTC 2017

On 17/11/17 11:45, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> A while ago now we had patches going through review that switched over to
> use Gtk HeaderBar concept. I was wondering what the status of that is, as
> I think it would be a nice step forward for virt-viewer UI.

As far as I remember, the idea was to support both client and server
side decorations. It would be required to do something like
GtkAboutDialog does to detect if it should display the HeaderBar or not.

My opinion is that it would require too much work to keep two different
versions of the UI, and basically I did not went down that path, and
kept that branch dormant for a while until the subject was raised once
again.

I took the work started by Sagar Ghuge, who changed the main window,
while I ported the dialogs. The work is pushed to my github repository,
branches are headerbar (for the main window) and dialogs.

https://github.com/etrunko/virt-viewer

--
Eduardo de Barros Lima (Etrunko)
Software Engineer - RedHat