[virt-tools-list] Virt-manager cuts off bottom of vm console

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 19:00:25 UTC 2018

On 08/01/2018 01:48 AM, Eric Fort wrote:
> I ssh into a physical machine running Ubuntu 18.04 to manage vm’s running under kvm. To access the console on these machines or to build new machines from an install iso I use the console of whichever vm I’m working with. Myself and my team find this difficult to do however as the console we are presented with in virt-manager seems to cut off the bottom couple lines of the console. How can this be resolved. It makes it where when running the installer from an iso options get hidden and when using a text console I can’t see what I’m typing and must hit the enter key 4-5 times for it to finally scroll into view. I’m told that some may have scroll bars in this view but I do not.

Can you post a screenshot to imgur or some image sharing site?

Also some additional info: host distro, virt-manager version, VM config
sudo virsh dumpxml $vmname, check to see if switching spice to VNC makes
any difference, reproduce with virt-manager --debug and see if there's
any error/warning messages printed on the logs. Also test whether
View->Resize to VM    fixes things