[virt-tools-list] Installing Ubuntu 18.04 as a guest from iso

Eric Fort eric.fort.listmail at fortconsulting.org
Thu Jul 19 16:41:34 UTC 2018

I’m using Ubuntu 18.04 as a host os with kvm as a default hypervisor and wanting to install an Ubuntu 18.04 guest from an iso. The most recent choice shown for Ubuntu in virt-manager is  17.x. What options should I choose?  What exactly changes when one flavor of os is selected over another (say I chose Windows, OS X, bsd, or some other linux flavor for this install) and why does it matter?  Is there not simply a generic choice in the list?  How could Ubuntu 18.04 be added to the list and maybe submitted as a patch?

Thanks,

Eric

Sent using SMTP.