[virt-tools-list] [vhostmd 0/3] update to work with modern Xen

Jim Fehlig jfehlig at suse.com
Wed Jun 6 21:22:28 UTC 2018

vhostmd has some old, crufty code to interact with xenctrl and xenstat.
Those interfaces have changed over the years and the related vhostmd code
no longer compiles. In addition, libvirt and other tools have matured
and there is no need to use these low-level, Xen-specific tools.

I chose to leave support for xenstore as a transport since I know of a
few users of that feature. I've been pinged about its current broken state
that is fixed by patch 3.

Jim Fehlig (3):
  Remove xenctrl support
  Remove support for libxenstat
  Fix compilation with xenstore

 configure.ac              |  35 +----------
 include/metric.h          |   4 --
 include/util.h            |   2 -
 libmetrics/libmetrics.c   |   2 +-
 vhostmd/Makefile.am       |  22 +------
 vhostmd/metric.c          |   5 --
 vhostmd/vhostmd.c         |  10 ----
 vhostmd/xenstore-update.c |   2 +-
 delete mode 100644 vhostmd/xen-metrics.c
 delete mode 100644 vhostmd/xenctrl-util.c

--
2.16.3