[virt-tools-list] Change UUID

Toan Pham tpham3783 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:59:46 UTC 2018

> Theres no need to abandon virt-manager just for that one thing - since you
> said this is just for a pre-existing windows disk image you can fix it up
> as a one time thing
>
>   virsh dumpxml foo > foo.xml
>   emacs foo.xml ....change uuid...
>   virsh undefine foo
>   virsh define foo.xml

 Thanks.  I dont know too much about the internal working of libvirt POV or
virt-mamanger.  But it would be nice to allow users to do everything they
can do in command line from the GUI tool, that's including not to set UUID
at all (pass hardware UUID dmi info to the guest machine).

It is not really a big deal.  I'll use the command line for now!

TP