[virt-tools-list] Storage image files and permissions

Vincenzo Romano vincenzo.romano at notorand.it
Mon Nov 26 12:11:48 UTC 2018

Hi (again).

I'm trying to configure the remote QEMU host so everything is in the
home directory of the user 'vmanager' I have created.
In particular, the ISO files are being stored into
'/home/vmanager/isos' while I'd like to put the disk images under
'/home/vmanager/storage'.
All directories in the path have 755 permissions (that's 'drwxr-xr-x').
The ISO files are world readable. The image file are (at the momend)
world read-writable.
Of course this is not acceptable.
Which uid/gid need to access those image files?
Moreover, I created a QCOW3 disk image. I asked for a maximum capacity
of 6GB and initial allocation of 0GB (zero).
I got a 6GB image file. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

--
Vincenzo Romano - NotOrAnd.IT
Information Technologies