[virt-tools-list] Trying to get/build virt-manager

Rory Toma rory at ooma.com
Tue Oct 2 23:54:13 UTC 2018

I'm trying to get a new version of virt-manager. The one that comes with
centos7 has a bug installing ubuntu hosts.

I built the rpm on Centos7 (after installing python3), but when I run
virt-install, I get this error.

[root at kvm-arm-1 virt-manager]# virt-install
ERROR    name 'libxml2' is not defined
Exception ignored in: <bound method _Libxml2API.__del__ of
<virtinst.xmlapi._Libxml2API object at 0x7fcdbe531400>>
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/xmlapi.py", line 261, in __del__
     self._doc.freeDoc()
AttributeError: '_Libxml2API' object has no attribute '_doc'
[root at kvm-arm-1 virt-manager]#

I had to change libxml2 to lxml (as that's the name it seems to have
changed). I can't find any pythong module with this reference, so I gave
up and installed Ubuntu 18.04.1. However, the virt-manager package for
this does not seem to exist anywhere. How can I get the latest
virt-manager running on either CentOS7 or Ubuntu 18?