[virt-tools-list] virt-viewer raspberry pi monitor mapping

Victor Toso victortoso at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 09:59:11 UTC 2018

Hi,

You mean https://www.spice-space.org/multiple-clients.html ?

> but I was hoping to be able to map monitors say on the first pi
> 1:1 and on the second 1:2 kind of thing but it knows there is
> no second monitor on the pi and says my mappings are invalid
> and ignores them.

Even if you tweak that, you would be receiving data from all
displays, I think.

> I have tried many things to make a second display on the pi to
> fool the software but that doesn't seem to work either.

It wasn't design with this kind of usage in mind

> I have tried to search for information on this but have had
> little luck. I know I am using an older versions on virt-viewer
> package  4.0 I think due to trying to compile newer versions of
> spice-gtk seem to have issues with a newer libssl I think.
>
> I have been banging around on this a bit and maybe I am looking
> at this wrong, I am not really to worried input as these are
> only for display.

You could have a client to connect on the host and having this
client to split the data to all rpi instead. You could even
consider playing with video walls, splitting one 4k display in 4
full-hd ones, etc.

Nothing like this is implemented but lots of work is already done
by GStreamer, in case you want to play with it.

Cheers,
Victor