[virt-tools-list] virt-install: Add warn if 'single-use' options are defined multiple times?

Mark Kanda mark.kanda at oracle.com
Fri Sep 14 20:28:01 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I recently discovered, for 'single-use' command line options,
virt-install silently ignores all but the last definition. For example,
if the command line has '--memory X' and later '--memory Y', then 'X' is
silently ignored.

I think virt-install should warn the user if 'single use' options are
specified multiple times, and I'd like to implement a fix.

However, before I implement such a fix, I'd like to know if this is 'by
design', or if anyone would otherwise object to such a check..

Thoughts?

Thanks,

-Mark