[virt-tools-list] Virt-manager should be able to work with multiple columns when having many virtual machines

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Wed Apr 17 21:40:58 UTC 2019

On 4/17/19 10:41 AM, Thomas Nielsen wrote:
> Hello
>
> I manage my lab VMs from a linux KDE desktop, and use virt-manager 2.1.0
>
> And since the virtual machines multiply all the time, i end up having a
> lot, and it would be nice to be able to work with multiple columns of
> virtual machines (or tiles sigh :-/ )
>
> Just an idea.
>
> keep up the good work.

Thanks for the suggestion, but historically we have adding these types
of UI scalability as it's not really the focus of the app, and its a
slippery slope into more requests. virt-manager _can_ work for setups
with many VMs but we don't plan to add specific UI to simplify those
usecases

This isn't really spelled out anywhere unfortunately. One of my goals
for the next release is to put together documentation outlining the
usecases we develop virt-manager for, and a list of explicitly rejected
features.