[virt-tools-list] virt-manager test suite hangs on FreeBSD

Andrea Bolognani abologna at redhat.com
Wed Dec 11 12:40:15 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-12-11 at 07:28 -0500, Cole Robinson wrote:
> On 12/11/19 5:22 AM, Andrea Bolognani wrote:
> > I have no idea how to debug this thing. Can an actual virt-manager
> > developer jump in? I'll gladly provide guidance on how to set up a
> > suitable FreeBSD environment - thanks to the libvirt-jenkins-ci
> > project mentioned above, it's a mostly automated process and
> > shouldn't take too much time.
>
> I have a freebsd VM kicking around, I will try it later today.

I think setting up a fresh one using lcitool would be preferable, as
you'd then be reasonably sure that there are no unrelated factors
messing with your attempts to reproduce and debug.

At the very least, you should make sure you update all ports before
getting down to business, since the python3-libxml2 fix is relatively
recent.

> You can
> use './setup.py test --debug' which may give more info where it is
> hanging. Possibly somewhere in the cli tests where we try to handle mock
> stdin or try to fake --wait timeouts

Doing so doesn't really result in additional information being
printed out: it still just quietly hangs there.