[virt-tools-list] [virt-manager] Any interest in the <clock> element?

Pavel Hrdina phrdina at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 09:43:39 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 11:31:51PM +0200, Povilas Kanapickas wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Does it make sense to wrap the data in the <clock> element [1] within
> the virt-manager GUI? I would be interested in implementing support for
> that.

Hi,

I'm not so sure about this feature in GUI.  I don't know the current
state in virt-manager/virt-install but it sounds that we should pick
the best default based on the selected/detected os-variant during
installation.  But fine-tuning these attributes sounds more like
advanced feature which we usually try not to introduce in GUI for now.

So if virt-manager/virt-install is not selecting the best configuration
patches to fix that would be definitely welcomed.  From the
documentation it looks like the best configuration depends on the OS
installed inside the guest, we try to put all this information into
osinfo-db project which virt-manager/virt-install already uses.

Pavel