[virt-tools-list] virt-what -- why root?

Ryan Erwin ryan at h4v.com
Wed Jun 26 13:42:59 UTC 2019

Rich-

Thanks for your feedback.
That makes sense! Fortunate that /sys/firmware is now available!

Also, I think the Docker detection is off... Right now checking for
`/.dockerinit` but this file often does not exist.
Previously Docker was based on lxc, but now that it's seperate, you can
check /proc/1/cgroup like you do for lxc.

grep -Eq '/(lxc|docker)/[[:xdigit:]]{64}' /proc/1/cgroup

BTW, would be cool to move virt-detect to github :-)

Thank you for your time!

Ryan