[virt-tools-list] virt-install "Validating install media failed"

Henry Cheng hbc2048 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 14:40:26 UTC 2019

Thanks, Peter.

Your advice did the trick.  And your comment "You're already very close to
a working solution." gave me hope when I first read it. :-)

For those that stumble upon this thread in the future, here the final
command line:

virt-install --name=win10 \
--ram=4096 \
--cpu=host \
--vcpus=3 \
--os-type=windows \
--os-variant=win10 \
--disk path=/home/bill/win10.img,bus=virtio \
--disk path=/home/bill/virtio-win-0.1.172.iso,device=cdrom \
--cdrom /home/bill/win10.iso \
--network bridge=br0,model=virtio \
--graphics vnc,listen=0.0.0.0,port=5901