Plans for the new Ubuntu installer and a new release?

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Thu May 28 06:35:26 UTC 2020

Hi,
I was writing a very minor patch [1] clearing the remaining Ubuntu
Delta. And then realized I was adding way too much content into the PR
text that doesn't match the context there.
That is better as a ML submission I guess :-)

On one side I wondered about the plans for a next release - I see more
than 300 commits and soon 11 months since v2.2.1.
Is there a v2.3.0 or v2.2.2 planned anytime soon?

And on a different topic I wanted to ask if anyone looks at support
for the new Ubuntu installer already?
After all that is cloud-init based and I saw that the cloudinit branch
we discussed in [2][3][4] was merged \o/.
That is already providing a lot of what is needed to support the new
Ubuntu installer.

If no one does, but someone wants to look at it - a good place to
start for the next steps is [5] as it contains links to discussions,
quick-start and extended reference.

[1]:h ttps://github.com/virt-manager/virt-manager/pull/115
[2]: https://www.redhat.com/archives/virt-tools-list/2019-November/msg00026.html
[3]: https://www.redhat.com/archives/virt-tools-list/2019-November/msg00033.html
[4]: https://www.redhat.com/archives/virt-tools-list/2019-October/msg00017.html
[5]: https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/please-test-autoinstalls-for-20-04/15250