FYI virt-manager 'master' branch renamed to 'main'

Jonathon Jongsma jjongsma at redhat.com
Fri Feb 4 20:43:22 UTC 2022

On 2/3/22 2:56 PM, Cole Robinson wrote:
> Hi all, I've changed the upstream virt-manager default branch from
> 'master' branch to 'main'. You can update your local repos with:
>
> git branch -m master main
> git branch main --set-upstream remotes/origin/main

FYI, my git complains:

fatal: the '--set-upstream' option is no longer supported. Please use
'--track' or '--set-upstream-to' instead.

I just used '--set-upstream-to'

Also, you probably need to fetch the remote before doing this or it will
complain that remotes/origin/main doesn't exist.

Cheers,
Jonathon