Bridge network not working

gansteed gansteed at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 02:39:50 UTC 2022

Hi:

    I got a question when setting up a bridge network using virt-manager
3.2.0 on debian 11. The result is I can retrieve an IP address on my host,
but there is no network in the VM. Here is the steps:

1. delete current "Wired" connection profile;
2. create a bridge using network manager, named "bridge0";
3. add my host network interface as a slave to the bridge "bridge0";
4. hold on and wait for seconds, host connect to network again, and got an
ip address, when I trying to visit google, it works;
---
5. open virt-manager, open an existing VM(I've tried to create a new vm,
but it's the same);
6. add a new network interface(click Details -> Add hardware -> Network),
choose "Bridge device", and type "bridge0" in the "device name" field;
7. start the vm, I can see the NAT nic works, but the new added nic can't
get an ip.

I wonder if you can help me to resolve this problem, thank you very much!