virt-manager upgrade

woodcab woodcab at protonmail.com
Thu Oct 6 19:14:39 UTC 2022

Hello,

Still new to Linux and had a few questions regarding upgrading to 4.1.0

I'm using virt-manager 2.2.1 on Ubuntu MATE 20.4. There is an upgrade available for Ubuntu Mate to MATE 20.4.1. I am told that this is a minor upgrade and that it can be done with my files in place. I have backed up my files and VMs along with the .xml files. My question is how to best proceed with that upgrade? If virt-manager is upgraded to 4.1.0 in the process, will my VMs that were setup in 2.2.1 still work in 4.1.0? Or should I upgrade virt-manager to an intermediate version before going to 4.1.0?
Thanks in advance.

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.