[Virtio-fs] xfstest results for virtio-fs on aarch64

Boeuf, Sebastien sebastien.boeuf at intel.com
Wed Oct 16 16:11:48 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2019-10-16 at 03:21 +0900, Chirantan Ekbote wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2019 at 2:28 AM Boeuf, Sebastien
> <sebastien.boeuf at intel.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Dave for adding me to the loop here!

> > Oh that's very nice to hear. We have some code from the cloud-
> > hypervisor project where we have a vhost-user-net implementation
> > relying on some sort of a wrapper code similar to what all vhost-
> > user
> > daemon implementations would reuse (libvhost-user kind of thing).
> >
> > We're planning to see this wrapper code land on Rust-VMM at some
> > point,
> > which is why it would be interesting if you could rebase this
> > virtio-fs
> > daemon code on top of this small library. If you don't have the
> > bandwidth, we could probably look at it if that's something you
> > would
> > be interested in.
> >
> > Here is the code for the small wrapper crate:
> > https://github.com/intel/cloud-hypervisor/blob/master/vhost_user_backend/src/lib.rs
> >
> > And here is the vhost-user-net example using it:
> > https://github.com/intel/cloud-hypervisor/blob/master/src/bin/vhost_user_net.rs
> >

> Our virtio-fs server is not a vhost-user device (this was one of the
> reasons we didn't want to use virtiofsd).  It currently just runs
> directly as a child process of crosvm (like all other crosvm
> devices).
> So unless I'm missing something I don't think there's much to be
> gained by rebasing on vhost_user_backend.

Oh I didn't realize it was not a separate daemon. So yes, from your
perspective, there's no point in rebasing on top of vhost_user_backend.
I still believe it might be interesting for us to share as much code as
possible between projects, which is why we might reuse your code to
create a standalone daemon in Rust.

Thanks,
Sebastien