[Virtio-fs] add no-pivot option to virtiofsd process

白宇 bekars at qq.com
Tue Oct 22 06:56:37 UTC 2019

Virtiofsd can't be started on rootfs system (/ is rootfs filesystem), such as diskless system, because rootfs don't allow pivot_root. I commit the issue here: kata-containers/runtime#2067  for kata project. I add a no-pivot option to allow the virtiofsd daemon process to run in a rootfs system, it is turned off by default. The attached file is the patch file.

I submitted the patch to kata, they suggest me to discuss in virtiofs upstream project firstly.  https://github.com/kata-containers/packaging/pull/765

Could it be merged to the virtiofs project ?