[Virtio-fs] [RFC 0/5] fuse: Auto-mounted submounts

Max Reitz mreitz at redhat.com
Wed May 6 15:35:29 UTC 2020

Hi,

As explained in the common cover letter
(<20200506153258.238687-1-mreitz at redhat.com>),
we want the Linux FUSE driver to be able to create auto-mounted
submounts for every submount on the host.

To do so, we need to allow multiple super blocks per fuse_conn, which is
done by splitting an SB-specific fuse_mount structure off of fuse_conn,
so there can be multiple fuse_mounts per fuse_conn.

We can then create new super blocks (with anonymous block devices
backing them) for every submount point, letting them point to a shared
fuse_conn structure.

Max Reitz (5):
  fuse: Store fuse_conn in fuse_req
  fuse: Drop fuse_conn parameter where possible
  fuse: Split fuse_mount off of fuse_conn
  fuse: Allow fuse_fill_super_common() for submounts
  fuse: Implement crossmounts

 fs/fuse/readdir.c   |  10 +-
 fs/fuse/virtio_fs.c |  40 +++++---
 fs/fuse/xattr.c     |  34 +++----