[Virtio-fs] [RFC 0/2] virtiofsd: Announce submounts

Max Reitz mreitz at redhat.com
Wed May 6 15:38:32 UTC 2020

Hi,

As explained in the common cover letter
(<20200506153258.238687-1-mreitz at redhat.com>),
we want to let the guest mirror the mount structure on the host.

To do so, we need to set st_rdev to a non-zero value[1] for mount
points, and this is what this series makes virtiofsd do (optionally,
because some users may prefer not to pass this information through to
the guest).

[1] In practice, any non-zero value will do, but we might want it to be
    st_dev so the guest might in the future special-case duplicate
    mounts (by using a single block device for them, so they all get the
    same st_dev).

Max Reitz (2):
  virtiofsd: Store every lo_inode's parent_dev
  virtiofsd: Set st_rdev for sub-mount points

 tools/virtiofsd/passthrough_ll.c | 79 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----

2.26.2