[Virtio-fs] Architecture diagram license

Fotis Xenakis foxen at windowslive.com
Wed Oct 28 11:10:54 UTC 2020

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 11:31:54PM +0000, Fotis Xenakis wrote:
> OSv is a unikernel happily running on QEMU/KVM, supporting different filesystems. Virtio-fs is a great fit for unikernels: it offers an escape route from rebuilding images for every change and very competitive performance just to name a couple of factors.
> I decided as part of my thesis to tackle read-only virtio-fs DAX window support on the OSv side (nothing big, no comparison to linux). This has been merged and works on OSv and I 've been working on evaluating it (spoiler: it works very nicely and performance is pretty good).
> Unfortunately, the thesis containing the detailed evaluation is mostly in Greek, in any case you can find it here https://github.com/foxeng/diploma. When time allows, I will also do an English write-up for sharing. If anyone's interested, I 'll make sure to post it here too!

You are welcome to write a guest post on the QEMU blog
(https://qemu.org/blog/) that gives an overview of OSv and the virtio-fs
device interface. I imagine people would be interested in learning about
both these topics.

The git repo for the QEMU website and blog is here:
https://gitlab.com/qemu-project/qemu-web

You can create a new blog post by dropping a Markdown file into _posts/.
Images can be added to screenshots/ directory.

The blog post can be sent to the QEMU mailing list using
git-send-email(1) with Thomas Huth <thuth at redhat.com> CCed. Please also
CC virtio-fs at redhat.com and we'll review it.
Thank you very much for the invite and the detailed instructions!
I 'd be very glad to do this and will go ahead upon first chance.

Fotis
Stefan