[Virtio-fs] [virtiofsd-rs] MR merged: Add statx() (so we can use mount IDs)

virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org
Wed Apr 21 07:59:38 UTC 2021

This series of commits adds support for `statx()` (if available) as the preferred alternative over `fstatat64()`. The advantage of `statx()` is that it gives us a mount ID to identify a mount, which is better than the device ID, because a single filesystem (same device ID) may be mounted multiple times (different mount IDs), and every tree may be different (because of submounts in those trees).

Then we use this mount ID as an additional field in `InodeAltKey` so that inodes on the same filesystem but on different mounts are treated separately. Furthermore, when checking for submounts, we have to consider the mount ID in addition to the device ID.
---
https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/virtiofsd-rs/-/merge_requests/18