[Virtio-fs] [virtiofsd-rs] user namespace progress report

German Maglione gmaglione at redhat.com
Wed Dec 15 10:54:17 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have been performing several tests to see if it is possible to run the
virtiofs-rs daemon inside a user namespace. It works with both 'none' and
'chroot' sandbox modes. But, file handles don't work.

I tested it using 'unshare', 'podman unshare' and 'lxc-usernsexec'
(the lxc one give us more flexibility when mapping [g|u]ids)

I also ran pjdfstests and only tests that run 'mknod' fails(*), expected
when
executed as a non-privileged user.
(*) I've not finished checking all failed test.

Next step is to get it to run in libvirt session mode.

Cheers,

--
German