[Virtio-fs] [virtiofsd] Issue closed: Match default rlimit_nofile logic with C virtiofsd

virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org
Mon Apr 11 14:49:41 UTC 2022

Currently we don't raise open fd limit for sandbox=chroot mode. And for sandbox=namespace mode we do raise it.

I would say try to match the logic we have in C version. Idea is to get a minimum default in all configurations so that it works reasonably well for all configurations.

- If user passed option -o rlimit_nofile, simply follow that.
- If user did not pass anything, then try to keep a default of 1M. This should work reasonably well for lot of workloads out of the box.
- Call getrlimit() before raising limits. If caller has already setup the limit higher than 1M, don't do anything.
---
https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/virtiofsd/-/issues/37