[Virtio-fs] [virtiofsd] Issue closed: SETGID bit not honored / Permission denied for new files

virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org
Thu Dec 1 06:30:37 UTC 2022

I’m not sure, if I am missing something here, but I am observing the following issue:

In a directory, owned by another user and a common group with SETGID bit set, I am not able to create a file or directory. Expected behaviour is, that a new file or directory is created that is owned by my user and inherits group ownership of the parent directory. Explicitly setting the group with `sg ourgroup "touch file"` does work, but this seems to be a slightly complicated workaround to me.
---
https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/virtiofsd/-/issues/30