[Virtio-fs] [virtiofsd] Issue opened: Support for running with sandbox=none without root and without namespaces

virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org
Fri Mar 25 10:42:48 UTC 2022

Hello,
I have question - before version 1.0 (somewhere around June 2021 eg. commit 513b9eaa0471d28c28a611f3ad447d15dccde446) it was possible to run with sandbox=none as unprivileged user and without namespace support, currently this is not possible.
Are you planning to support running as normal user without namespace support with sandbox=none?
Because currently sanbox=none is kinda not none and I really like old way of none, so want to ask if any plans for new sandbox mode maybe or if I have to stay on older version.
Thanks for answer and this awesome tool
---
https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/virtiofsd/-/issues/42