[Virtio-fs] [virtiofsd] Issue opened: Add rate-limiting / io-throttling support

virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org
Thu Mar 31 21:38:20 UTC 2022

We're using virtio-fs in our multi-tenant CI/CD and quite frequently see noisy neighbor problems that can really impact user impression of our solution. We've recently switched to cloud-hypervisor which is [using the fire-cracker rate-limiter module](https://github.com/cloud-hypervisor/cloud-hypervisor/blob/main/docs/io_throttling.md) for virtio-block and virtio-net. We're asking if the same support could be offered with virtio-fs so that we could have consistent support and similar isolation guarantees.
---
https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/virtiofsd/-/issues/44