[Virtio-fs] [virtiofsd] Issue opened: sandbox issue when merging virtiofsd and Cloud-hypervisor

virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org
Wed Oct 12 07:09:27 UTC 2022

Hi team,
Because of my use case, I'm merging virtiofsd to cloud-hypervisor, so that they are in one process. But I met a issue about the sandbox mode.
because virtiofsd are several threads after merging, I cannot use sandbox=namespace or sandbox=chroot since that causes forking a new process.
And if I force it not to do fork but apply new namespace to the current process, that also changes the namespace of the cloud-hypervisor since
the namespace setting is process-wide not thread-wide.
Any idea to address this issue, is it safe to run virtiofsd in sandbox=none mode?
---
https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/virtiofsd/-/issues/63