[Virtio-fs] [virtiofsd] Issue opened: What does --cache exactly mean?

virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org virtiofs-bot at sinrega.org
Wed Sep 28 07:02:35 UTC 2022

What does --cache exactly mean? My understanding is there is no page cache in the guest kernel for virtiofs, so this option is to control the behaviour of host kernel page cache. So does it mean:
  - never     each time writing to a page cache page, flush it
  - always    don't flush unless the user asks to do it
  - auto      flush page cache when close a file.

Do I think it in the right way? Here why do we have --cache=never? Seems it doesn't make sense when we are in the passthroughFS case.
---
https://gitlab.com/virtio-fs/virtiofsd/-/issues/58