[Virtio-fs] How do I start the Windows Virtio-FS service with a different, permanent drive letter that isn't Z?

Ewen Chan alpha754293 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 6 07:20:41 UTC 2023

Xiaoling:

Thank you.

I will have to try that.

Sincerely,
Ewen
________________________________
From: Xiaoling Gao <xiagao at redhat.com>
Sent: February 6, 2023 1:44 AM
To: Ewen Chan <alpha754293 at hotmail.com>
Cc: virtio-fs at redhat.com <virtio-fs at redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Virtio-fs] How do I start the Windows Virtio-FS service with a different, permanent drive letter that isn't Z?

The moutnpoint can be set via the registry, and then virtio-fs can parse them from the registry.
Such as:   virtiofs.ext -m H:
reg add HKLM\Software\VirtIO-FS /v MountPoint /d H: /t REG_SZ

Ewen Chan <alpha754293 at hotmail.com<mailto:alpha754293 at hotmail.com>> 于2023年2月5日周日 11:46写道:
To Whom It May Concern:

I was following the instructions in regards to getting Virtio-FS running on a Windows 10 VM in Proxmox 7.3-3 and that part works fine.

However, at the end of those instructions, it says that I can use the "-m" in the command line to explicitly set a drive letter.

I tried editing the VirtioFsSvc service in the Windows Registry Editor either by changing the ImagePath or trying to add the Parameters registry key and neither seemed to work.

Is there a way for me to be able to pass the start parameters so that it would use those the "-m" option automatically?

I even tried creating a really simple batch file, but that leaves a command prompt window open, where once I close said command prompt window (even if I run the batch file in background mode), it will close/disconnect the Virtio-FS connection in said Windows 10 VM.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ewen