[Virtio-fs] [virtio-fs] Windows 10 VirtioFS Service error - The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Ewen Chan alpha754293 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 3 13:07:00 UTC 2023

Xiaoling:

Since I had it working originally, I did install the WinFsp driver (which was a requisite to get it working).

Unfortunately, because it stopped working and I needed to get my VM back up and running, I ended up reformatting and re-installing Proxmox VE 7.3-3 along with the Windows 10 VM, so I am unable to verify that the WinFsp driver was loaded properly (i.e. the driver didn't fail to load when the VM booted) from my original Windows 10 VM where this failure occurred.

In the new VM though, the WinFsp driver was definitely installed and it is working correctly.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ewen