Re: ReiserFS Installation support on RedHat 7.1

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:

> Does anyone know why RedHat refuse adding support for ReiserFS partitions on
> the installation of RedHat.

Because we think it's not ready for production use.

At least until a couple of releases ago, it could cause random filesystem
corruption, and the userland recovery tools suck (even the maintainers of
ReiserFS admit that).

We will add full support for it when/if it is ready. (I think it's "when"
and not "if", I'm using it on a separate /usr/src/redhat/BUILD partition
and it seems to work ok by now, unless you do odd things.)

LLaP
bero