Re: ReiserFS Installation support on RedHat 7.1

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:

> Hey man. Take it easy! No offenses. I just would like to know RH's position,
> not to offend you! ;-)
> Em Ter 03 Abr 2001 12:30, Chris Kloiber escreveu:
> >
> > While I am NOT speaking with the official Red Hat voice, I would say that
> > this particular question has been answered before, ad-nauseum. ReiserFS
> > isn't ready for production use. As for the Brazilians, good for them. If
> > you use their patch and hose your system, don't come crying to me.
> >
> > > Can anyone explains me why RedHat doesn not want to add ReiserFS to their
> > > distro? All other distros already has this possibility. Mandrake, SuSE,
> > > Conectiva, etc...
> >
> > I wouldn'd say we don't want to add ReiserFS support. At the risk of
> > repeating myself, it's just not ready.
> >
> > > You can find the Anaconda patches and howto's on the following page:
> > >
> > > http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/
> >
> > If you insist, go for it! Good Luck.

No offence taken, or intened on my part. I am just one of the people here
that get called to repair damaged systems, and there is little I hate more
than telling someone I can't help get it fixed. With the possible
exception of a hacked system, reinstalling is admitting defeat.
(Actually, reinstalling after getting hacked is admitting defeat as well,
but necessary.)

Chris Kloiber, RHCE
Commercial Support - Red Hat, Inc.