Re: ReiserFS Installation support on RedHat 7.1

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001, Matt Wilson wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 12:30:27PM -0300, Thiago Vinhas de Moraes wrote:
> >
> > I may be wrong, but if Linus and Alan had included it on the kernel since
> > 2.4.1, it's probably because it's stable.
>
> Linus placed it in his kernel.  Alan's simply pulls it from Linus'
> kernel.
>
> I doubt that you'll find Alan claiming 2.4.x to be stable *alone* yet,
> much less with an unproven filesystem.

There was a message on lkml that just went by from Alan Cox that went
something to the effect, 2.4 is not stable yet if you need stability
use 2.2.19. He also said it is getting there but just not yet.

HTH,

--
......Tom	ATA100 is another testimony to the fact that pigs can be
tdiehl pil net	made to fly given sufficient thrust (to borrow an RFC)