Re: OT: Motherboard(s)

True. BUT: There are notable cases where some models, or manufactures
have serious compatability/performance problems with Linux. And others
that have proven to perform better. Those are the ones I'm looking for.
There is a fairly narrow band of good boards. the folks on this list
have the broadest experience in them.

I was not intending to start a holy war over this. Just some
recomendations to prevent installing a motherboard with known defects,
or incompatabilities.

Maybe I should word this another way:

Are there any notable boards out there to _avoid_?

        Thanks!

                Ric

heh heh... in retrospect, it _was_ kind of a land mine question wasn't
it.