From: EMAZING
To: mike netlyncs com
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 2:55 AM
Subject: EMAZING Linux Tip of the Day - KDE Installer Is on the Way

KDE Installer Is on the Way
I've often complained (
http://www.linuxorbit.com/dcforum/DCForumID8/2.html# ) about the lack of a
simple-to-use installer program for upgrading KDE packages. Well, like the
legendary squeaky wheel, I got some developmental grease from some of the
good folks at KDE. Granted, it wasn't in response to me personally, but I'll
take some credit anyway!

Here's the announcement from the KDE news site Dot.KDE.org:

"There have been countless requests from KDE users, on the dot, on the
lists, and even elsewhere, for a KDE Installer and Updater. Nick Betcher
(a.k.a. Error403) has stepped up to the challenge and now needs your help to
make this project really happen. His current code is in CVS and the project
is in active development. The install starts off with an intro/detection
screen, prompts the user for the type of installation, prompts for the
destination of the KDE installation, and then prompts for the packages to
install."