Re: Wolverine and up2date: Open the Floodgates!

Needless to say, I started up2date without
reading this e-mail. I lucked out since everything
which is required or suggested in this text had
already been done or was availabe on my system.
(My lucky upgrade day...)

I'll try the kernel upgrade bit, but I have to
recompile it first becuase I don't want the resierfs
checking to be turned on. right now I disabled the
kernel upgrade and will do it on a second pass.

Cheers. Steve.

P.S. I hope this up2date of rawhide becuase an ongoing
tradition with redhat. I noticed that Mandrake has a strong
developement tree (or should I say active) where Mandrakers
and pull over and play with the latest and greatest. I
see this rawhide/up2date bit being very much in that

Also, for those of you who want to run this up2date on
several local systems, here is a trick. Go to your
favorit mirror and pull over the rawhide RPMS to
/var/spool/up2date. It looks like up2date checks to
see if the rpms it's looking for are in that directory
first before going out over the internet to pull them
over. This will save you a lot of band width. Then you
can copy the .rpm's from your first machine's
/var/spool/up2date to the other machines you want
to 'up2date'. This way you don't have to pull these
rpms over several time from redhat.com.