Re: New test release of up2date available Re: up2date (and yet again)

On Fri, 6 Apr 2001 anvil magicnet org wrote:

> 1/ package was installed with rpm -i not rpm -U (i had 2 kernel rpms
> installed). This is baaad :) (i think)

No, it is entirely intentional. Kernels can be a very touchy issue.  We
want to leave people with their old kernel still available if they need to
back out.

> 2/ This !
>
> [root gruyere ~]# up2date -f
> depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/usb/pwcx.o
> depmod:         pwc_decompressor_version
> depmod:         pwc_unregister_decompressor
> depmod:         pwc_kfree
> depmod:         pwc_register_decompressor
> depmod:         pwc_kmalloc
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date/gui.py", line 598, in doInstallation
>     up2date.installBootLoader(kernelsToInstall)
>   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date/up2date.py", line 2091, in installBootLoader
>     ret = lilocfg.installNewImages(kernelList,test=0)
>   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date/lilocfg.py", line 213, in installNewImages
>     (type, default_image,image_path) = config.getImage(default)
>   File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date/lilo.py", line 123, in getImage
>     raise IndexError, "unknown image %s" % (label)
> IndexError: unknown image l

Adrian?

> pwcx is a part of my webcam driver (a closed source driver..:( )
> My lilo.conf is.... *big*.. because i dont clean it often.. and i have a
> backup system installed on another partition. "l" is my default image.
> You may see it at http://confiote.ath.cx/~anvil/lilo.conf

> 3/ (did i say 2 things?) I still have this problem with XFree packages :
>
> ERROR: Backend RPM database failure: can not retrieve requested information
> INFO : Could not solve dependency libXxf86dga.so

Adrian, can you look into this as well?

--
  Preston Brown
  Linux OS Development