Re: New up2dates

Jack Bowling wrote:

> Ya, I did a painless upgrade on my 586 box here last night. However, I
> did a Wolverine upgrade of a RH7 box at work and then tried the update
> to the latest stuff and it barfed connecting to the server. Not sure if
> you have to do a base install rather than an upgrade to get all the
> ducks in a row. I used the up2date config to change the systemid to
> 7.0.91-1 but it kept giving me a "expecting read-only buffer..." message
> when trying to connect and then kacking. I updated to Preston's latest
> build, too, but that didn't help. Oh well...

Please run the following and tell me what is returned:

$ rpm -q up2date python-xmlrpm redhat-release kernel
$ grep serverURL /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date

> I note that there is a new bug-fixed openssl out on freshmeat. I am sure
> RH is right on top of this to add it to the latest and greatest :-))

I've addressed things like this before.  Red Hat provides what we
believe is "our" best mix of stable and current.

Glen
| Glen A. Foster                      Red Hat, Inc. |
| 919.547-0012 x415                  www.redhat.com |