RE: So is anyone going to let me in on the fix for the kernel.hissue?

:: Sure, this is what worked for me - I installed the
:: kernel-2.4.2-0.1.49.i686.rpm package, even though I compiled my own
:: kernel afterwards. Somehow, and I don't knwo the answer to it, it
:: replaces kernel.h with a real version, even though the rpm won't claim
:: that it provides it... see if that works for you.

Thanks -- Matt Wilson gave me a workaround in a separate message.

Cheers,

-- Juha