Up2date losing network conectivity

Yesterday I did an up2date from a wolverine installation.
After succesfully updating and a reboot I lost network connectivity.

"/etc/rc.d/init.d/network start & stop" now brings up and down the lo-interface but refuses to bring up the eth0-interface. Although I can bring up eth0 with the basic 'ifconfig' and 'route'-command.

Anyone seen this too??

Koos.